Lincoln on Leadership - book
12-12-2012, 06:12 AM
RE: Lincoln on Leadership - book
In the preface the author states, "Having been in the business world for many years now, mostly in large corporate settings, I am still confounded and amazed that, of the hundreds of managers and supervisors I've encountered, I can count on one hand the number of real leaders among them. Many of these men and women are corrupted by power; most tend to pressure or dictate when simple suggestions or recommendations would suffice. And almost always there is a lack of understanding of the simple points of human nature, such as a person's reaction at being ordered to do something rather than being asked his or her opinion."

I think the purpose of the book is to use the various aspects of Lincoln's leadership skills to improve the way businesses and organizations are run. The author details incidences of Lincoln's leadership and explains how today's corporations would be more efficient by adopting the leadership principles of Abraham Lincoln.

I know we have some retired folks on this forum, but we also have many who are in the workplace. If you work in a situation where management seems lacking in leadership skills, this book might be a wonderful Holiday gift this year! Don't give your name...just say it's from "everybody in the office."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Lincoln on Leadership - book - Gene C - 12-11-2012, 06:03 PM
RE: Lincoln on Leadership - book - RJNorton - 12-12-2012 06:12 AM
RE: Lincoln on Leadership - book - BettyO - 12-12-2012, 06:55 AM
RE: Lincoln on Leadership - book - Gene C - 12-12-2012, 11:53 AM
RE: Lincoln on Leadership - book - Gene C - 01-05-2013, 01:50 PM