Distribution of Some of the Death Clothes
12-04-2012, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 10:57 PM by ReignetteC.)
RE: Distribution of Some of the Death Clothes
(12-04-2012 09:14 PM)Jim Garrett Wrote:  If I remember, AL was a very slight eater. Usually just a hard boiled egg foe breakfast, some fruit (when available) and often he skipped meals. When looking at his last photograph, and comparing it to the first imges with a beard, yes He has aged significantly......but not more so than a man under the same stresses he went through. A four year war, and the loss of a child, put the years on him, but I don't know if he is much worse for wear than any 56 year old in 1865.

I believe "fighting" Joe Hooker had his uniforms made by Brooks Bros. Reignette, glad to have you in the group.

Thanks. I am very glad to be here.

Yes, BB made Hooker's uniforms. Also, those of Philip Sheridan, General Grant, and NY's 7th Regiment. And let's not forget about Teddy Roosevelt. Years later Brooks Brothers made his Rough Rider uniform. (If I recall correctly, a young TR watched Lincoln's funeral cortege pass by his home on Broadway/Union Square.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Distribution of Some of the Death Clothes - ReignetteC - 12-04-2012 10:56 PM