Distribution of Some of the Death Clothes
12-03-2012, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 11:59 AM by ReignetteC.)
RE: Distribution of Some of the Death Clothes
Jim,

Brooks Brothers' flagship store is at 346 Madison Avenue (corner of Madison and 44th). Built in 1915, it's loaded with lots of history (and very friendly sales associates). By the way, during the American Civil War, Brooks Brothers had two stores: Catherine and Cherry Streets (this store was sacked and looted during the NYC Draft Riots of 1863); the other, Broadway and Grand Streets.

Reg

(12-03-2012 11:42 AM)Jim Page Wrote:  
(12-03-2012 11:30 AM)ReignetteC Wrote:  Laurie,

I should think Mr. Lincoln's clothing measurements would be of interest . . . .

Hey, Reg--

They certainly are. I've seen that once-beautiful coat several times and was always struck by how narrow Mr. Lincoln's shoulders were.

And I'd love to check out the original Brooks Brothers store in NYC. One can only imagine the folks who have purchased clothing there!!!

--Jim

(12-03-2012 11:45 AM)Mark MacKenzie Wrote:  The implication of Marfan's is not all that great, I think. If Lincoln had the syndrome, besides the physical abnormalities which include distorted chests, then he would have had a higher risk of aortic aneurism. Thereby, proving his nickname, "The Great Heart."

I thought I saw a documentary about testing Lincoln's blood from Laura Keene's dress fragments or perhaps the pillow and the tests proved inconclusive.

Reignette,
Did the style of overcoat have a particular name?

Hat's off to Brooks Brothers!

Yes, a "great coat."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Distribution of Some of the Death Clothes - ReignetteC - 12-03-2012 11:51 AM