I have a conundrum
07-02-2023, 11:32 AM
RE: I have a conundrum
Thanks, gentlemen.

I should clarify something. I'm not talking about getting rid of any of my Lincoln books or books on the Civil War. I use them in my research as I do my books on Tarbell. The kind of books I am talking about include a biography of Norman Rockwell, whose art I deeply admire or John Steinbeck, whose biography I bought after reading Travels with Charley (which is an excellent book by the way).

What got this started was last night, I was trying to see if my presidential biographies would fit on top of my Lincoln books. Here is the result (they are not in order).
[Image: JBUZZoCx_t.jpg]

This only represents about one-third of my presidential biographies. For example, I have the complete set of Dumas Malone's six-volume biography of Thomas Jefferson, but I have yet to read it and likely never will. I checked, and some volumes are on Internet Archive, but some only have a one-hour borrowing period. If I really wanted to read it, I could get it from the local library, but that doesn't seem as easy as walking to my bookcase and taking it off the shelf.

Gene, since Patsy can't see, she wants me to get rid of them all so she won't keep bumping into them walking down the hall.Big Grin

Roger, I thought about doing what you said, but my biggest issue with that is the only storage space that we have available is in our yard barn. I would have to get plastic bins where the lids lock tight, and then I would have to get relatively small sizes so they wouldn't be too heavy. That is still a definite possibility, and I have to admit I am leaning toward your viewpoint.

Thanks again, guys.

Best
Rob

Abraham Lincoln is the only man, dead or alive, with whom I could have spent five years without one hour of boredom.
--Ida M. Tarbell

I want the respect of intelligent men, but I will choose for myself the intelligent.
--Carl Sandburg
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I have a conundrum - Rob Wick - 07-01-2023, 09:33 PM
RE: I have a conundrum - Gene C - 07-02-2023, 07:23 AM
RE: I have a conundrum - RJNorton - 07-02-2023, 09:52 AM
RE: I have a conundrum - Juan Marrero - 07-02-2023, 11:28 AM
RE: I have a conundrum - Rob Wick - 07-02-2023 11:32 AM
RE: I have a conundrum - STS Lincolnite - 07-03-2023, 01:16 PM
RE: I have a conundrum - Rob Wick - 07-03-2023, 04:13 PM
RE: I have a conundrum - wpbinzel - 07-04-2023, 11:20 AM