Frederick Douglass delivered Lincoln reality check at Emancipation Memorial
06-29-2020, 05:40 PM,
#5
RE: Frederick Douglass delivered Lincoln reality check at Emancipation Memorial
(06-28-2020, 12:30 PM)RJNorton Wrote: In my opinion, on an overall basis, there is more positive in the speech than negative. This is especially true in the second half of the speech. David, I think the article you cited concentrates too much on the negative and generally ignores all the positive and praiseworthy things Douglass had to say about Abraham Lincoln.
Roger,

Perhaps the attached articles can provide a broader perspective for the views, and relationship, of Frederick Douglas and Abraham Lincoln. There is one more article that is too big for me to add, so I'm sending it to you for addition as I find it of particular significance.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
                       
   
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Frederick Douglass delivered Lincoln reality check at Emancipation Memorial - by Steve Whitlock - 06-29-2020, 05:40 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)