Very sad news: Laurie Verge has passed
02-25-2020, 05:57 AM
RE: Very sad news: Laurie Verge has passed
I'm so glad that I had the chance to send Laurie a message a couple weeks ago and let her know that, even though we never met or talked on the phone or interacted in any way except on this forum, she did touch my life in important ways.

I don't know any of the details regarding Laurie's health problems, but I do know that she must have suffered and probably was in pain, or at the very least, was frustrated at not being able to get her body to do what she needed it to do much of the time.

As director of a museum, she had to have had a lot of contact with people, which requires being courteous and helpful, optimistic and encouraging, etc. How she was able to do that day in and day out for many years, with all her physical ailments, is beyond my comprehension. Her love for her work must have been the lifeline that sustained her.

I'm comforted by the thought that she is at peace now. I will miss her posts and I won't forget her.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Very sad news: Laurie Verge has passed - My Name Is Kate - 02-25-2020 05:57 AM