New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon
07-22-2019, 07:09 PM
RE: New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon
(07-22-2019 04:23 PM)Steve Wrote:  If David E. George was born around 1844 he wouldn't be counted in the 1840 census. There's somebody who's name looks something like "Alvy George" living in Choctaw County, Mississippi slightly before and after 1840. Could this be the same person as Eliza/Elija?

Also wasn't the insurance policy a fake? If David E. George knew it was a fake, then the information in regards to George' birth might have to be Choctaw, Mississippi taken with "a grain of salt".

The answers, or educated guesses, are likely in that laden file drawer at our Hall Center. Unfortunately, neither I nor my staff have time to look right now.

This is going to be a fun few weeks -- 50 participants in the International Airstream Rally will be visiting tomorrow, along with a crew from Maryland Public Television (not because of the bus tour) and Friday brings us 35 campers from the Russian Embassy - some of whom do not speak English.

Next week, we have 35 campers doing the regular tour plus a little side feature on how CW spies could utilize the Surratt home. A fellow museum (ca. 1750) a few miles from us has been doing a summer program called I Spy on how colonists used their wiles to spy on the British, so we are following up on that theme.

Just thought you'd like to know that we are staying busy - even though the temps this past week to ten days have been over 100. Museum folk know that rainy days and heat waves are good for business. We're offering free tours every Friday in August. Our posters read Cool House - Cool History. If the AC konks out, I'm retiring immediately. Yes, all buildings are air conditioned, and the historic house has the ducts hidden in the chimneys and fireplaces (every room except two have fireplaces).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Development in Booth Case Coming Soon - L Verge - 07-22-2019 07:09 PM