Emily Todd Helm and Phoebe Pember
03-17-2019, 10:25 PM,
#5
RE: Emily Todd Helm and Phoebe Pember
(03-17-2019, 10:16 PM)Anita Wrote: Thank you Susan. I enjoyed the letter enough to consider reading "A Southern Woman’s Story: Life in Confederate Richmond." Would you recommend it?

Yes, I would! There are a number of editions, but the one I mentioned in my post contains some Pember's wartime letters in addition to her memoir. Here is an edition of the memoir itself:

https://archive.org/details/asouthernwomans01pembgoog


A number of her letters have been digitized as well:

https://finding-aids.lib.unc.edu/02232/
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Emily Todd Helm and Phoebe Pember - by Anita - 03-17-2019, 10:16 PM
RE: Emily Todd Helm and Phoebe Pember - by Susan Higginbotham - 03-17-2019, 10:25 PM
RE: Emily Todd Helm and Phoebe Pember - by Anita - 03-18-2019, 02:14 PM
RE: Emily Todd Helm and Phoebe Pember - by Steve - 03-18-2019, 05:40 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)