Corruption would “make Lincoln roll over in his grave.”
02-03-2018, 01:02 AM
RE: Corruption would “make Lincoln roll over in his grave.”
I don't know if anyone is interested in the subject matter under investigation by everyone now. But if there is, I just watched an episode of Inspector George Gently which I would highly recommend viewing. I don't know how you would find it on PBS where you live, but it would be worth the effort.

The following has relevant information about both the series and this specific episode. I like the entire series for the actors (especially the character of Inspector George Gently played by Martin Shaw) and the writing.

I am wondering now whether this episode was selected to be played now because of the trial and all of the young girl victims' testimony. This episode is from the second series in 2010. They are now up to series 7 which originally aired in 2015 (if I am not mistaken).

In mid-1960s Britain, an upstanding detective takes on a dangerous world. Award-winning actor Martin Shaw stars as Commander George Gently - an incorruptible, uncompromising cop transplanted from London's Scotland Yard to England's North Country. Gently's reputation for honesty and relentlessness makes him almost as feared among his colleagues as he is among criminals. But he finds an odd ally in John Bacchus - an overeager, opinionated young sergeant who plays fast and loose with police procedures. Together the two tackle cases involving murderers, drug dealers, gun-runners, and more. Gently discovers a whole new world of murder and intrigue in 1960's Britain, a place where everything is about to change, but the past is always present.

Based on the long-running series of novels by Alan Hunter, these feature-length modern dramas boast clever writing, stylish direction, and strong casts. The powerful mysteries unfold against the beautiful backdrop of rural Britain, a region just beginning to feel the rumbles of the era's social and cultural quakes.

Gently with the Innocents (#104H)
Gently and Bacchus investigate the murder of the occupant of Harrison House. Their prime suspect is a former resident of the children's home that once occupied the premises, and their investigation leads to the shocking discovery of abuse.

I have seen this particular episode previously, but tonight it had a much deeper meaning for me. If you can, watch it.

"So very difficult a matter is it to trace and find out the truth of anything by history." -- Plutarch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Corruption would “make Lincoln roll over in his grave.” - David Lockmiller - 02-03-2018 01:02 AM