Richard R. Montgomery
12-04-2017, 10:22 PM,
#1
Richard R. Montgomery
Has anyone researched this guy? Did he live in Philadelphia?
I believe that he was said to be a Double Agent. If so, who accused him of the Perjury? I think his comments in Court were concerned with the participation of the Confederate Government in the Assassination Plots. What can you tell us about this mess?

I believe that he actually carried Confederate mail to Canada, but would stop off in the North to let the Feds read the "news". Being called a "Double Agent" is stretching the facts. He may have been an energetic "Mail Man" for the South, but he wasn't a trustworthy Agent.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Richard R. Montgomery - by SSlater - 12-04-2017, 10:22 PM
RE: Richard R. Montgomery - by RJNorton - 12-05-2017, 09:21 AM
RE: Richard R. Montgomery - by John Fazio - 12-06-2017, 12:34 AM
RE: Richard R. Montgomery - by SSlater - 12-06-2017, 02:32 AM
RE: Richard R. Montgomery - by SSlater - 12-12-2017, 03:13 AM
RE: Richard R. Montgomery - by SSlater - 12-13-2017, 02:32 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)