Yet Another View of the Branson Boarding House
11-24-2016, 10:35 AM
RE: Yet Another View of the Branson Boarding House
(08-31-2015 09:58 AM)BettyO Wrote:  Based on existing views of the Branson House (which are sketchy at best) -

I made an AutoCAD rendering of what it MAY HAVE looked like - still researching this.... I do know that from the existing 1869 Sache Birds Eye Map and from the other "clip" of the corner of the house that it was a Federal Style structure -

Hi Betty...Any chance you can email me this schematic of the branson home? when i click on the embedded image it doesn't enlarge. thanks...

also, i have a few other questions for you regarding Powell and the Bransons.

What were the names of Maggie's parents? i believe i read it somewhere but for the life of me i can't find that info now!

I just finished the chapter on the Lincoln Assassination in Vowell's "Assassination Vacation" and in it she mentions that at the time of discovery of Powell's skull amongst Native American bones, an unnamed individual came forward claiming to be the great-granddaughter of Powell. Do you know the back story of this? could it be possible that Mary Branson was impregnated by Powell before he was captured? Curious. Juicy. but improbable, i assume.

Finally, what is the best way to fill in the gaps of Powell's life between joining Mosby and meeting surratt in january of 1865 and taking the oath in Faquier County. i know you noted various accounts of his exploits with Mosby. do you believe he rode exclusively with his rangers and is there any record of the battles he fought in?

thanks so very much and Happy Thanksgiving!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yet Another View of the Branson Boarding House - TRose - 11-24-2016 10:35 AM