Why is Abraham Lincoln so popular right now?
10-04-2012, 08:36 AM
RE: Why is Abraham Lincoln so popular right now?
A friend of mine loaned me the Abraham Lincoln Vs. Zombies DVD. I watched it over two sittings. Of course, it was just awful-full of historical inaccuracies-too many to list. The costume were rather deplorable. General Stonewall Jackson's confederate uniform looks like it came from a Halloween USA store. He is wearing a hat with the confederate battle flag glued to the front of it. Many of the men actors obviously have their facial hair glued on as well. Actually, the actor who portrayed Lincoln did a pretty good job. Too bad he had to be in such a movie. As others have said, the movie is for the "quick buck." I don't know if production costs have been recouped but they couldn't have spent much making this film. At any rate, I now have seen it and won't need to ever see it again. If someone asks me about it (and some have)-I can offer an opinion about it.
When we consider Lincoln's legacy, films like this are a part of it-good or bad.

Bill Nash
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is Abraham Lincoln so popular right now? - LincolnMan - 10-04-2012 08:36 AM