Was there an assassin on Grant's train?
07-18-2015, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2015 01:22 PM by L Verge.)
RE: Was there an assassin on Grant's train?
(07-18-2015 11:56 AM)Rosieo Wrote:  Well, hey.
1.) I wrote: Surratt’s junior partner?” --- a question after reading a post re doubt that Surratt was the author of the note re not killing Grant… and because the note sounds to me like it was written by a young person.
2.) Another question: Mrs. Lincoln wrote about the assassination in letters, right? .... I realize I should not have asked without having cite in hand. Newbie mistake. So sorry. Right now I'm drawing a blank on source but I have some suspects in mind to begin a search for the answer. If you guys haven't heard this then I probably picked up bad info.
My CW studies had been for fun - but now I'm in this game I have to start keeping score.

Rosieo - Please never assume that it is you who picked up bad information. There is always something new being discovered or an old theory being proved (or rejected) each and every day.

Being a newbie, you may not be familiar with the wonderful research done by the late James O. Hall over a period that spanned more than fifty years. Several of us on this forum had the honor of being in the inner circle of researchers that Mr. Hall mentored over the years until his death about ten years ago.

He referred to his "followers" as the Baker Street Irregulars (referencing Sherlock Holmes's sources for information). Our research efforts, combined with his skill as a historian, led to some amazing finds. I like to think that this forum is carrying on that tradition.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread