Your personal choice of actors who have portrayed Lincoln
08-29-2012, 10:36 PM
RE: Your personal choice of actors who have portrayed Lincoln
(08-02-2012 06:13 PM)Craig Hipkins Wrote:  The best Lincoln in my opinion was the actor John Anderson. This guy played Lincoln on numerous occasions in his career. He actually resembled Lincoln.
I forgot about JohnA nderson and Royal Dano. Anderson was terrific in "Trial By Fire," a seldom seen show nowadays. I think I have it in 16 mm. He was a good comic character actor, and wsa seen in such shows as "The Golden Girls." His craggy features lent themselves to the role, and he did a fine job. But when he played Abe in "The Lincoln Conspiracy," he was awful, thans to lousey script, poor direction, and horrible make-up men.
Dano (the voice of Abe at the Disney parks shows and LP record) was the best, voice-wise. HE was terrific in "Agee's Lincoln" on "Omnibus," altho (and I don't recall Reinhart mentioning this) the series was much too slowly paced. I have most of the episodes, some on 16mm, some as VHS. I would love to re-edit them for private viewing, and just quicken the pace. That would make it all the more worth while to watch. (It's like toe old "Amos n' Andy" TV series. Those were wonderful in all respects but one -- too slow. I have been thinking of re-editing one great episode just to see if it improves it.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your personal choice of actors who have portrayed Lincoln - emma1231 - 08-29-2012 10:36 PM