10 Best Novels About the Civil War
06-06-2014, 11:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2014, 11:06 AM by Gene C.)
#16
RE: 10 Best Novels About the Civil War
The book, Killer Angels, was great. The movie, Gettysburg, left me a bit dissapointed. Somehow I couldn't picture Martin Sheen as Robert E Lee, after all of Sheen's political activsm. His southern accent was a bit off too.
http://martinsheen.net/actors/gettysburg.html

I do like one of Sheen's quotes when he was incouraged to run for political office by members of the Ohio Demeocratic party. He said "I'm just not qualified. Your mistaking celebrity for credibility"
So when is this "Old Enough To Know Better" supposed to kick in?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
10 Best Novels About the Civil War - by Gene C - 06-04-2014, 10:47 AM
RE: 10 Best Novels About the Civil War - by Gene C - 06-06-2014, 11:05 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)