Quote:I could find the sheet music, but not a site that had the tune. Maybe someone will have better luck finding it than I did and can post it.
Here are the lyrics:
Live but one moment, speak but once more!
Speak to the children, one word I implore!
breathe but one accent, To cheer this sad heart
Live but one moment E'er we must part!
Live but one moment! Dearest and best,
Tender companion In sadness oppressed;
Let me but hear again That voice so dear,
Live but one moment This heart to cheer
Live but one moment, O, 'twas too late!
Death like and silent The lips of the great
A fond wife stood weeping In anguish and pain,
For one loving accent to bless her again
I was able to generate the first page for the tune - it is indeed depressing.....
I'll attempt to make a better recording tonight -
CLICK HERE.
The Parlor Songs Site has some wonderful renditions of little heard Civil War and Assassination songs. You can download these -
http://parlorsongs.com/issues/2008-10/th...eature.php
I also have sheet music for General Hartranft's March, the Laura Keen Schottish as well as Little Tad.....I'll try and scan these in later today or over the weekend for your listening enjoyment.....