Lilly Irons, Shackles, Ball & Chains
06-25-2013, 06:26 AM,
#15
RE: Lilly Irons, Shackles, Ball & Chains
I agree Joe, particularly when it comes to textiles and paper which are usually fragile anyway. A few years back, I went to a repository and was given access to a couple of paper items including a letter from Mary Ann Holmes to her lawyer to prepare documents to sell Tudor Hall. I have my own gloves and when I pulled them out, I was told I didn't need them. The curator said that new studies have shown that there is not enough transfer of skin oils, etc. to affect the item being handled.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Lilly Irons, Shackles, Ball & Chains - by L Verge - 06-24-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: Lilly Irons, Shackles, Ball & Chains - by Jim Garrett - 06-25-2013, 06:26 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)