On the Set of Killing Lincoln
08-04-2012, 07:28 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2012 07:38 AM by BettyO.)
RE: On the Set of Killing Lincoln
Final Wrap --

Yes, I'm TERRIBLY excited to see this film as well - especially now that I've been a "part of it" in a round about way!

Last night was wonderful! And -- I found out that this Booth can REALLY RIDE and handle a horse like a pro! Turns out he's been riding since he was a small kid -- so this is also a really big "plus" in his favor! Jessie is the BEST JWB I've ever seen in any film -- miles above all the rest....

Last night we filmed the scene where JWB gives McCullough the letter to post as well as the scene where Tanner is called to take down statements.

I was curious and asked about "Story boards" -- these folk work much like Spielberg - no storyboards; it's all purely creative minds, artistry and accuracy in putting together a story -- and this one is not only accurate; it's BEAUTIFUL! I was also shown something last night that I'm going to keep secret -- but let me say that it literally blew me away with it's apparent accuracy!! Almost foolproof -- it would have floored Ray Neff! HA! You will have to wait to see the film to get a look at this -- it's utterly mind blowing!!!

Geek that I am, I was also curious about what sort of media that was being transferred from their big cameras; i.e. what they filmed on! Certainly no big celluloid reel to reel.... I thought it may be DVD -- but no, it's all digital media -- like huge "memory" cards about the size of a small paperback book (much bigger than a desktop PC hard drive) -- and the price? $700.00 a pop! And there are LOTS and LOTS of them!! So this is also a huge part of production costs....not to mention the cast, crew, extras, sets, etc. No wonder film making is so expensive nowadays!

I must say that I'm sorry to see everyone go....but I certainly was very lucky and privileged and honored to get to work on this fantastic movie! These were the BEST movie people I've ever worked with -- everyone was so very congenial, helpful and watching the MAGIC in action was WONDERFUL -- definitely felt like I was in a "You are There" capacity!

Great work, Erik, Adrian, Mark, Mary and all the rest of ya'll! Love 'ya!

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
On the Set of Killing Lincoln - BettyO - 07-31-2012, 02:57 PM
RE: On the Set of Killing Lincoln - Gene C - 07-31-2012, 03:52 PM
RE: On the Set of Killing Lincoln - Rsmyth - 07-31-2012, 03:57 PM
RE: On the Set of Killing Lincoln - BettyO - 07-31-2012, 04:52 PM
RE: On the Set of Killing Lincoln - Rsmyth - 07-31-2012, 05:00 PM
RE: On the Set of Killing Lincoln - BettyO - 07-31-2012, 06:01 PM
RE: On the Set of Killing Lincoln - BettyO - 08-01-2012, 08:08 PM
RE: On the Set of Killing Lincoln - BettyO - 08-02-2012, 04:44 PM
RE: On the Set of Killing Lincoln - Hess1865 - 08-05-2012, 09:39 PM