Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library?
05-30-2013, 05:02 AM
RE: Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library?
John, there should be a way to post it. Do you have a file of it? If so, just send it to me via file attachment, and I can upload it to my server and post it here. If not, we'll find another way. Mills wrote his book in 1994 (before he read your article). I should have said "at that time" it was a legitimate question! Sorry, John!! Overall, though, I think I'll stand by my original opinion on Mills. He asks some questions (examples: he is critical of Mudd's defenders and of John F. Parker's defenders) which I think are legitimate.

Mills writes that Stanton felt Booth was going to kidnap, not kill Lincoln. Given this scenario, he feels Eckert's presence would have made a difference. Mills writes, "Eckert could have twisted Booth like a pretzel." He feels Eckert was even stronger than Lewis Powell, whom he feels might have been there, too, had it been a kidnap plot (as he says Stanton envisioned) that night. Obviously we can argue whether or not that would have happened, but that is Mills' scenario.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library? - RJNorton - 05-30-2013 05:02 AM