Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library?
05-25-2013, 04:18 PM
RE: Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library?
Well then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, Troy. I feel your last post completely supports what I said. The Carneal letter is in complete disagreement with every other written account regarding when and how Davy Herold got to Garretts: It was not under the cover of night but in the middle of the day that Herold arrived. Davy was dropped off by Bainbridge and Ruggles but walked by himself to the house and met up with Booth. It wasn't until AFTER Davy was at the Garretts that Bainbridge and Ruggles came back to warn them. Davy went into the woods with Booth, came back and chatted with Jack Garrett, then retrieved Booth once the cavalry had passed. AFTER this, Herold and Booth had dinner with the Garrett family that night. I have quotes from the Garretts as to some of the discussions Davy had with them after dinner. I could go on and on. The Carneal letter is a completely fabricated story. It contradicts every Garrett account including the account William Garrett actually gave, on his own accord, to Confederate Veteran Magazine in 1920, just before he died.

While I find the escape theory, particularly the mummy part, entertaining as pseudo history, it is easily disproven at practically every turn with the truth.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library? - Dave Taylor - 05-25-2013 04:18 PM