Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books for our library?
05-24-2013, 10:14 PM
RE: Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books
(05-23-2013 12:04 AM)Gene C Wrote:  Troy, Is there a specific book that your name suggest we should read, and why do you recommend it?

There are those, like myself, that believe there was a government conspiracy to kill Lincoln, and John Wilkes Booth only played a part. If there was a government conspiracy, those government officials got away with the crime and are now dead and cannot be prosecuted. Any narratives that tell of their involvement must be classified as a theory. If you wish to read a theory, I suggest my book--Lincoln, Davis, and Booth: family secrets.
It tells of the involvement of Stanton, Andrew Johnson, Lafayette Baker, Thomas Eckert, James Boyd, and John Wilkes Booth. These are in the author's opinion the true conspirators.
I would recommend this book because it gives the statements of the following people and it is a good place for the curious to gain information from the source.
General Grants statement for the reason he did not attend the theatre.
Theodore Rhodes statement that he was with Ed Spangler when he installed the wood brace at the theatre door.
Sergeant Gleason's statement of Weichmann and Surratt's involvement.
George Atzerodt statement that he could not kill.
Lieutenant David Dana's statement that Booth spent the day of April 14, 1865 in the guardhouse.
Frances Burns tells that he was called away from the Theatre door by Charles Forbes and John Parker.
Thomas Eckert's statement on the disruption of the telegraph line after the assassination.
Major Rathbone's Statement on the events of April 14, 1865.
Dr. Mudd's statement that Booth's broken leg was a minor break.
Edward Doherty's statement of the events at Garrett's barn.
William Garrett's statement of the events a their home.
And many more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a list of the best Lincoln Assassination Consp. books - Troy Cowan - 05-24-2013 10:14 PM