The trailer...I will see this movie!
01-26-2013, 05:52 AM
RE: The trailer...I will see this movie!
Rob, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Regarding Daniel Day-Lewis...I think I've already mentioned that some of the folks who live in our senior community have told me they were "lost" in the movie and found it somewhat dull. However, to a person, they raved about Daniel Day-Lewis' portrayal. I do think the Best Actor Oscar is his to lose when folks who were otherwise somewhat disinterested in the story itself still rave about his role. I have less confidence in Sally Field and Tommy Lee Jones winning, but I sure hope they do.

Rob, I asked this in another thread, but I think I'll bring it up again. I wonder if everyone in the audience understood that the Thirteenth Amendment did not go into effect immediately when the House passed it and Abraham Lincoln (unnecessarily) signed it. Did the movie audience understand this was not like regular legislation? Did they make it clear in the movie that 3/4 of the states had to approve it before it went into effect? I got the feeling that many in the audience felt it was law when the House passed it and really did not comprehend it would be December before a sufficient number of states had ratified it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The trailer...I will see this movie! - Hess1865 - 09-14-2012, 07:21 AM
RE: The trailer...I will see this movie! - RJNorton - 01-26-2013 05:52 AM