Eye Witness to Lincoln Assassination
02-14-2014, 06:12 PM
Eye Witness to Lincoln Assassination
An interesting video with original 1933 audio of Joseph Hazelton, Errand Boy at Ford's Theatre regarding his recollections of the assassination:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SvKPACbx_U

"The Past is a foreign country...they do things differently there" - L. P. Hartley
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2014, 07:29 PM
RE: Eye Witness to Lincoln Assassination
(02-14-2014 06:12 PM)BettyO Wrote:  An interesting video with original 1933 audio of Joseph Hazelton, Errand Boy at Ford's Theatre regarding his recollections of the assassination:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SvKPACbx_U

Stupid me! After listening to Mr. Hazelton and groaning over his many mistakes, I clicked on two other videos that were listed to the right. The first one on Digging Up The Lincoln Conspirators was a home-grown tour to several grave sites, and the self-narration was humorous at times - especially when the man was being bitten by Florida mosquitoes. Nice shots of Mrs. Surratt's grave, wrong shot of David Herold's, bad one of the Booths', but nice of Powell's (except that every time I see the stone, I want to correct the misspelling of "calvary" (should be cavalry).

When that ended, I really made the mistake of clicking on Lincoln Assassination Cover-up. It is a garbled edited version of the old Unsolved Mysteries, which now practically ignores what experts had to say. Much of that was filmed at Surratt House about twenty-five years ago. The scenes that still appear are of John St. Helen dying in our upstairs bedroom (they insisted on using a different headboard) and Booth having his leg set on our sofa (The Mudd House refused them permission to come on the grounds).

After putting myself through this, I have to fix dinner -- these videos have made me lose my appetite!

P.S. Rich Smyth and Jim Garrett could do a much better production of visiting the assassination-related graves.
02-16-2014, 10:50 AM
Now I know why Laurie and BettyO worship James O Hall!
02-16-2014, 12:58 PM
And, Herb, this video had cut out most of his comments. Once you heard his factual side of the story, there was no more Unsolved Mystery about Booth escaping -- and now I'll wait for some of this forum's hammers to fall.