Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Congressman Lincoln and the return of the wooden leg of General Santa Anna - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Abraham Lincoln before his Presidency (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Congressman Lincoln and the return of the wooden leg of General Santa Anna (/thread-919.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Congressman Lincoln and the return of the wooden leg of General Santa Anna - My Name Is Kate - 06-02-2013 01:34 AM

(05-27-2013 11:39 AM)David Lockmiller Wrote:  Question: If a bully walks into a neighborhood bar with the intention of provoking a fight, and even though a long-time patron of the local bar throws the first punch, which party really has started the fight?

Question: As applicable between nations, which party really started the war between United States and Mexico in May, 1846?

If a bully provokes someone, and that someone takes the bait, the law regards the bully as the innocent party. This I know from personal experience.

(So, I guess that means the U.S. stole Texas fair and square.)

RE: Congressman Lincoln and the return of the wooden leg of General Santa Anna - RJNorton - 06-02-2013 05:11 AM

I agree with Kate when it comes to the NFL. I am the world's biggest Bears' fan and watch a lot of NFL games. Often the refs seem to miss what the instigator did, and the guy who fights back ends up getting the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.