Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Killing Lincoln - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Assassination (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Killing Lincoln (/thread-642.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Killing Lincoln - BettyO - 02-12-2013 09:56 AM

One word, Linda-- horrific!

Josh does a masterful job with Powell -

One sees him as the young Southern patriot eager to do his "part" for his Country -- which he performs with a dead set determination. Then the seeming shock of what he has perpetuated afterwards.

A really good Fred Seward, too. George Robinson is a little guy, and Powell properly ignores Fanny....What I also really liked was the attention given to the character of William Bell...he becomes 3 dimensional - not just a character on the outskirts.

RE: Killing Lincoln - Linda Anderson - 02-12-2013 10:14 AM

William Bell was very brave to run after Powell as Powell rode slowly away from the house.

I'm glad to hear that Fanny was not punched by Powell! Now if Margaret Coleman, the chambermaid who in later years claimed she saved Seward's life, could see the movie, she would probably wonder why she isn't in there tackling Powell like she says she did!

RE: Killing Lincoln - Laurie Verge - 02-12-2013 11:22 AM

I have been regaled this morning by three of my staff critiquing the film -- and giving it very high praise. They found very little to find fault with, but tons of things to praise. They were especially impressed with the attention to detail and also the clever cinematography. More later.

RE: Killing Lincoln - Jim Garrett - 02-12-2013 10:22 PM

All this sounds great. Can't wait to see it.

RE: Killing Lincoln - BettyO - 02-13-2013 10:08 AM

Went to the Richmond Premiere last night - had a blast and it was great to see Erik, Adrian, Josh and Jesse. The movie is VERY well received and I'm so very, very glad for that. Afterwards, they had a panel discussion Q&A with Adrian, Erik, Jesse, Dr. Ed Ayers (President of UR - my Alma Mater) and another historian. That went very well -

All in all, everyone is VERY impressed with how everything turned out -

OK - You wanted to see them so here are the pics -

Before the Premiere on Monday night, Josh Murray wanted to see Fort Leslie J. McNair. With the assistance of John Elliott and Susan Lempke, we were able to get Josh Murray and his publicist in to see the Courtroom and hanging grounds.

[Image: lewinthedock.jpg]

Josh Murray seated in the Prisoner's Dock at McNair

[Image: joshandiatmcnair.jpg]

Josh and I at McNair in the Trial Room

[Image: joshatmcnairwfeedmelews.jpg]

Josh is amused by the "Feed Me" Lew Doll at McNair! (What THIS is about, I have NO idea - it's hysterical!)

[Image: dcpremiere.jpg]

Search Lights were prominent outside at the DC Premiere

[Image: dcpremierereporters.jpg]

Reporters Line Up to Interview the Cast

[Image: lincolnimpersonatoratdc.jpg]

There was even a Lincoln Impersonator on the Red Carpet before the Cast got there -

[Image: erikadrianjoshandcast.jpg]

The Cast and Crew Assembled for Press Interviews

[Image: erikandadrianatdcpremie.jpg]

Erik and Adrian at DC Premiere

[Image: erikatdcpremierewadrian.jpg]

Erik, Adrian, Josh and Mary Todd Lincoln are Interviewed by the Press

[Image: joshinterviewedbyreport.jpg]

Josh Interviewed by Reporters at DC Premiere

RE: Killing Lincoln - wsanto - 02-13-2013 10:26 AM

Awsome! Thanks BettyO, looking forward to Sunday.

RE: Killing Lincoln - BettyO - 02-13-2013 10:29 AM

[Image: herovillain.jpg]

LOVED these posters as you entered the Reception area! They were marked "Hero/Villain" according to your perspective on the topic -

[Image: surrattstaffatdcpremier.jpg]

Surratt House Staff at DC Premiere

[Image: mikekauffmansurrattstaf.jpg]

Mike Kauffman, Surratt House Staff and John Elliott at DC Premiere

[Image: castandcrewdcpremiere.jpg]

Cast and Crew at DC Premiere

[Image: castandcrewatdcpremiere.jpg]

Cast and Crew DC Premiere

[Image: stheatrerichmondpremier.jpg]

Richmond is a much smaller, more sedate town than DC - Here is the marquee (unfortunately can't read the sign because of the glare)

[Image: georgerobinsonandlewpow.jpg]

George Robinson and Lew Powell at the Richmond Premiere

[Image: jessejohnsonjwbs.jpg]

Jesse Johnson JWB at the Richmond Premiere

[Image: thomasjonesrichmondprem.jpg]

Thomas Jones, Richmond Premiere

[Image: ericandirichmondpremier.jpg]

Erik and I at the Richmond Premiere

All in all, it was an honor to work with this cast and crew for the making of this fabulous film! I have to say that they were the most conscious and best film crew I've ever had the privilege and honor to work with!

Congratulations, Erik, Adrian and Cast!! You have a MEMORABLE piece of film history in Killing Lincoln ! I am proud to be affiliated with it!

Thanks so very, very much!

RE: Killing Lincoln - RJNorton - 02-13-2013 10:42 AM

Betty, thank you so much for posting all these photos. The anticipation mounts!

RE: Killing Lincoln - MaddieM - 02-13-2013 10:45 AM

Hey Betty, what a great night you had! Lucky you. Thanks for the photos. That piccie of you and Josh is particularly lovely.

What IS That blow up doll thingie with the hood...it's right creepy.

RE: Killing Lincoln - BettyO - 02-13-2013 11:26 AM

Maddie -

Don't know what the "Blow Up Doll" of Lew is -- yes; he's pretty creepy and hysterical at the same time! HAhahaha !!!

RE: Killing Lincoln - MaddieM - 02-13-2013 11:36 AM

(02-13-2013 11:26 AM)BettyO Wrote:  Maddie -

Don't know what the "Blow Up Doll" of Lew is -- yes; he's pretty creepy and hysterical at the same time! HAhahaha !!!

I wonder if it walks around the court room at night?

RE: Killing Lincoln - BettyO - 02-13-2013 11:57 AM

Saying...."Feed me, feed me!" Hahahahaha!

Here is another source of great photos from the DC Premiere Monday night - Hopefully, more to come!

http://www.revamp.com/story.php?StoryID=2295

http://www.revamp.com/events.php?EventID=868

Also meant to say that Art Loux was given a big credit last night in the panel discussion that was held..... Kudos, Art!!

RE: Killing Lincoln - BettyO - 02-13-2013 01:33 PM

Another link to the Richmond Premiere last night -

http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/local/another-look-at-lincoln-and-his-death/article_d018dce8-2dfd-5fda-9b20-106ad2b8bb70.html

RE: Killing Lincoln - Art Loux - 02-13-2013 03:35 PM

(02-13-2013 11:57 AM)BettyO Wrote:  Saying...."Feed me, feed me!" Hahahahaha!

Here is another source of great photos from the DC Premiere Monday night - Hopefully, more to come!

http://www.revamp.com/story.php?StoryID=2295

http://www.revamp.com/events.php?EventID=868

Also meant to say that Art Loux was given a big credit last night in the panel discussion that was held..... Kudos, Art!!

Thanks Betty. It's been great fun to be a part of this. The film is incredibly good.

RE: Killing Lincoln - L Verge - 02-13-2013 07:31 PM

Art Loux is due every credit we can give him. For the nearly forty years that I have known him, he has generously given of his time and knowledge to assist many researchers who have become authors and experts in our field. We all owe him a debt of gratitude. He is reworking his very rare John Wilkes Booth Day By Day for a larger publication. Watch for details because every enthusiast should have a copy.

That said - on to an answer to the creepy thing mentioned previously: That "doll" or whatever you want to call it first appeared at the Museum of Crime and Punishment in Washington, D.C. shortly after the premiere of The Conspirator movie in 2011. To coincide with the movie, that museum staged a special exhibit on Mary Surratt and the conspirators. These "things" were part of that exhibit. Julie Cowdery on my staff at Surratt House assisted with the exhibit and gave a short presentation at the opening event. These figures were somewhat of a shock to her also! The Conspirator staff lent some of their props to the exhibit also.