Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Poulet Marengo - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Poulet Marengo (/thread-602.html)

Poulet Marengo - Joe Di Cola - 01-07-2013 02:28 PM

Way back when there was a discussion on food that ranged from the non-role of ketchup in eating hot dogs all the way to menus from Willard's Hotel, etc. Chicken Marengo somehow got mentioned, a dish I enjoy serving to guests. I am gong to try to ATTACH the recipe. If that fails, as it often does for my limited understanding of how to attach something to this site, I will ask Roger if he will add it for me.
By the way, it was Thomas Jefferson who introduced Poulet Marengo at America when he served it at Monticello.

RE: Poulet Marengo - Gene C - 01-07-2013 02:44 PM

Looks good Joe. Tongue Does Lean Cuisine have a version of this?

RE: Poulet Marengo - Joe Di Cola - 01-07-2013 03:09 PM

(01-07-2013 02:44 PM)Gene C Wrote:  Looks good Joe. Tongue Does Lean Cuisine have a version of this?

Perhaps, but without any flavor!

RE: Poulet Marengo - Hess1865 - 01-07-2013 05:45 PM

I gained 2 pounds just by reading that!!

RE: Poulet Marengo - Laurie Verge - 01-08-2013 11:30 AM

This started out as an item on an 1862 menu from Willard's Hotel, and the history behind it is related to Napoleon Bonaparte. I have always chuckled at the hint of a bulging belly on the Emperor that appears in the famous photo of him with his hand in his vest. Wonder if Poulet Marengo contributed to the expanding waistline?