Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Surratt Conference - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Assassination (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Surratt Conference (/thread-514.html)

Pages: 1 2

Surratt Conference - Jim Garrett - 11-21-2012 06:22 AM

So who here on the symposium will be attending the conference this spring? Certainly is a good group!

When you enter the conference room, please proceed to the right side of the auditorium. I have reserved boxes 7 and 8...............just kidding! However, many of us, Wes, Dave, Betty, Wild Bill, do seem to go to the right.

RE: Surratt Conference - J. Beckert - 11-21-2012 08:30 AM

I'm going, Jim. See you then.

RE: Surratt Conference - Bill Richter - 11-21-2012 08:47 AM

Heck, I am always right!

RE: Surratt Conference - BettyO - 11-21-2012 09:02 AM

Looking forward to finally meeting you, Joe - and everyone else!! I'll be there -- Heck - I'd better be or Laurie will KILL me!!! Confused

RE: Surratt Conference - Laurie Verge - 11-21-2012 10:26 AM

Betty's the lead-off speaker; so yes, she better be there. You don't tick off Mama Verge.

I should have added that in one week's time from mailing out the conference materials, we have over 25 registrants. If anyone on this forum is not a member, but would like information, please contact me at laurie.verge@pgparks.com.

RE: Surratt Conference - J. Beckert - 11-21-2012 10:28 AM

Looking forward to meeting you all and to your presentation, Betty. I'll be the guy in the front row with a box of Moon Pies.

RE: Surratt Conference - Dave Taylor - 11-21-2012 10:36 AM

(11-21-2012 10:28 AM)J. Beckert Wrote:  Looking forward to meeting you all and to your presentation, Betty. I'll be the guy in the front row with a box of Moon Pies.

To eat or to throw?

RE: Surratt Conference - BettyO - 11-21-2012 10:46 AM

Better bring cheese too, Joe!

I'll bring the VA peanuts --- I can throw those!

Hey! It'll be the first OFFICIAL Surratt Society Conference Food Fight !!!! Big Grin

[Image: blazingsaddlesi.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RE: Surratt Conference - Dave Taylor - 11-21-2012 10:49 AM

I'm more worried that Joe might throw the moon pies in lieu of tomatoes. He seems like a mean heckler to me. Smile

RE: Surratt Conference - Gene C - 11-21-2012 10:50 AM

Down South, we don't throw Moon Pies, that would be sacrilegious Angel

RE: Surratt Conference - Wesley Harris - 11-21-2012 12:02 PM

Looking forward to seeing all of you there. Was hoping to have my book out on the conspirators' weapons by conference time but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

RE: Surratt Conference - BettyO - 11-21-2012 12:21 PM

Wes --

I'm REALLY looking forward to your book (Yours too, Jim!)

By the way, Wes -- do you need my Whitney again? Just say the word....

RE: Surratt Conference - Laurie Verge - 11-21-2012 01:45 PM

My staff member who is my "bouncer" for the conference just told me that we don't have Food Fights, we have Food Flings! But she also said that no one will throw food on her watch.

For those of you who have been to our previous conferences, she's the one who holds up a yellow caution sign to alert the speakers to a five-minute warning and then a red stop sign when the hour is up. She starts marching towards the speaker if they don't shut up in five seconds! She really is a great sport, however.

And, if throwing Moon Pies, please throw them in my direction (with the wrapper still on).

Word of warning: I throw food objects native to Maryland. I heave raw oysters and Maryland Stuffed Ham. When that ham comes at you, you better duck!

RE: Surratt Conference - J. Beckert - 11-21-2012 02:00 PM

Sorry for starting this mess with the Moon Pies, Roger. I've never had one so I'm real excited about it. (Moon Pie even sounds funny.)

RE: Surratt Conference - RJNorton - 11-21-2012 02:05 PM

Never to worry, Joe. Anyone who touched a sofa that Fido may have slept on is OK in my book.