Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Hurricane Ian - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Hurricane Ian (/thread-4716.html)

Pages: 1 2

Hurricane Ian - Gene C - 09-27-2022 05:22 PM

Everyone please remember Roger & Vicki in your prayers as they are in the path of Hurricane Ian

RE: Hurricane Ian - David Lockmiller - 09-28-2022 05:41 AM

Take good care of you and your wife, Roger.

RE: Hurricane Ian - RJNorton - 09-28-2022 05:45 AM

Thank you, Gene and David. It's 5:40 AM as I write this, and amazingly we still have power. Lots of wind and rain all night long. Today is supposed to be the worst day for where we live; we expect to lose power (as we have in previous hurricanes). We just hope for the best for all in Ian's path.

RE: Hurricane Ian - Dave B - 09-28-2022 08:39 AM

Prayers for you and for all families in the path of this storm.

RE: Hurricane Ian - David Lockmiller - 09-28-2022 09:57 AM

(09-28-2022 05:45 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  Thank you, Gene and David. It's 5:40 AM as I write this, and amazingly we still have power. Lots of wind and rain all night long. Today is supposed to be the worst day for where we live; we expect to lose power (as we have in previous hurricanes). We just hope for the best for all in Ian's path.

Good News and good hope for you and all others!

RE: Hurricane Ian - LincolnMan - 09-28-2022 03:12 PM

Yes. We are remembering you Roger and Vicki for your safety.

RE: Hurricane Ian - Joe Di Cola - 09-28-2022 07:12 PM

I just spoke with Roger, and I want all of his friends to know that he and Vicki are safe!! Downtown Ft. Myers was hit badly and might even be a loss. However, Roger and Vicki are farther inland from the coastal area. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers because this is a slow-moving storm and will "linger", thus causing wind and flood damage even away from the Gulf.

They are without power, so he asked me to post.

RE: Hurricane Ian - Anita - 09-28-2022 07:33 PM

Thanks so much Joe for letting us know they are safe and farther inland from the coast. This Ian is a monster.

RE: Hurricane Ian - STS Lincolnite - 09-29-2022 10:15 AM

(09-28-2022 07:12 PM)Joe Di Cola Wrote:  I just spoke with Roger, and I want all of his friends to know that he and Vicki are safe!! Downtown Ft. Myers was hit badly and might even be a loss. However, Roger and Vicki are farther inland from the coastal area. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers because this is a slow-moving storm and will "linger", thus causing wind and flood damage even away from the Gulf.

They are without power, so he asked me to post.

Thanks Joe for posting this! I figured they had lost power at least but am glad to know they are alright.

RE: Hurricane Ian - Eva Elisabeth - 09-30-2022 05:31 AM

Thank you for letting us know, Joe - I am so glad Roger and Vicki are safe!

RE: Hurricane Ian - David Lockmiller - 09-30-2022 07:49 AM

(09-30-2022 05:31 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Thank you for letting us know, Joe - I am so glad Roger and Vicki are safe!

Put me in the chorus!

RE: Hurricane Ian - Steve - 10-01-2022 07:28 AM

(09-30-2022 05:31 AM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Thank you for letting us know, Joe - I am so glad Roger and Vicki are safe!

Amen!

RE: Hurricane Ian - AussieMick - 10-01-2022 05:30 PM

I feel they're having it really tough. Hopefully, when they have time to think they'll know our thoughts and prayers are of them.

RE: Hurricane Ian - RJNorton - 10-02-2022 05:04 AM

We just got internet service back this morning. Cell service was down during the storm, but amazingly our old land line phone rang DURING the storm! And it was Joe Di Cola. Joe was our first contact with the outside world as the storm raged. Thank you for calling, Joe!

I won't bore folks with the details of the storm but to mention a couple of well-known iconic structures in Fort Myers. The Sanibel Causeway was partially destroyed, so there is now no road to Sanibel and Captiva. They are estimating it will take one year for repairs to be made. On a more positive note, the Edison and Ford Winter Estates escaped any serious damage and may actually reopen within a week to 10 days.

RE: Hurricane Ian - David Lockmiller - 10-02-2022 06:55 AM

(10-02-2022 05:04 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  amazingly our old land line phone rang DURING the storm! And it was Joe Di Cola. Joe was our first contact with the outside world as the storm raged. Thank you for calling, Joe!

Don't give up on the old technology.