Lincoln Discussion Symposium
It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Assassination (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) (/thread-470.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - BettyO - 11-07-2012 12:34 PM

Guess who's now a recording artist --

That's right - Our Own Lew Powell !!

I couldn't believe this, but it's on Amazon..... a "One Hit Wonder?"

[Image: albumsj.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

RE: It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - Gene C - 11-07-2012 12:52 PM

(11-07-2012 12:34 PM)BettyO Wrote:  Guess who's now a recording artist --

The term "Artist" is definately a subjective interpretation. IMO, don't subject yourself.
I think when he got hung, it damaged his vocal cords

I give this "artist" a SadSadSad.

Fido Big Grin
(how come I get stuck doing the negative reviews?)

With appologies to BettyO

RE: It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - BettyO - 11-07-2012 01:05 PM

I think it's absolutely hysterical -- especially considering that the last track on this album is called "False Teeth!" Big Grin

RE: It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - Jenny - 11-07-2012 01:43 PM

LMAO I needed this today.

RE: It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - BettyO - 11-07-2012 02:16 PM

Poor Lew! Whoever this is, had to know about Powell's teeth, I think regarding the last track at least!

RE: It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - LincolnMan - 11-07-2012 05:04 PM

A cover tune of the Monkee's song "What Am I Doing Hangin' Round" can't be far off...Smile

RE: It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - BettyO - 11-07-2012 05:17 PM

Hahahaha!!!

Bill - you are too much!!

RE: It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - L Verge - 11-07-2012 08:32 PM

You creative minds have a new thread going already on song titles reminiscent of the assassination. Years ago, a gang of us Surratt ladies entertained ourselves on a long trip to somewhere (yes, in a car - not on marijuana!) by naming amusement rides and then foods after the conspirators. Betty was in on it, so maybe she can remember some of the things we came up with. I think we got started with a Booth Burger.

When you deal with our hobby (my job) on a daily basis, you have to have a sense of humor.

RE: It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - LincolnMan - 11-07-2012 08:45 PM

I think the B Side would have to be Papa Don't Preach (I'm in trouble deep). Smile

RE: It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - BettyO - 11-08-2012 12:00 AM

How about "Foot Loose" or "Hangin' on" or "Son of a Preacher Man".....

RE: It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - Jim Garrett - 11-08-2012 06:02 AM

How about if Ned Spangler did "If I were a Carpenter"

RE: It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - BettyO - 11-08-2012 08:52 AM

Or Davey Herold did "Swamp Thing" or "You're so Vain", and JWB - "I'm the Greatest Star". Surratt could do "Brother on the Run".....Mary Surratt could do "Hot Mama" and Atzerodt, "Bottle of Wine", while Dr. Mudd could do "Love Doctor"..... All the boys and Mom Surratt could also do "Jail House Rock".

Alexander Gardner could do the Ringo version of "Photograph"......

OK -- this is getting a bit deep..... but would LOVE to know just WHO the guy is who made this recording....

RE: It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - LincolnMan - 11-08-2012 08:58 AM

Great song selections. I bet we could come up with enough to fill up a juke box. Lew's favorite would have to be Skip A Rope!

RE: It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - BettyO - 11-08-2012 08:59 AM

(11-07-2012 08:32 PM)L Verge Wrote:  You creative minds have a new thread going already on song titles reminiscent of the assassination. Years ago, a gang of us Surratt ladies entertained ourselves on a long trip to somewhere (yes, in a car - not on marijuana!) by naming amusement rides and then foods after the conspirators. Betty was in on it, so maybe she can remember some of the things we came up with. I think we got started with a Booth Burger.

When you deal with our hobby (my job) on a daily basis, you have to have a sense of humor.

Ohhhh - yes! I remember that, Laurie! I think it was on one of our many Gettysburg trips.....

RE: It HAD to Happen..... (more levity?!?) - Linda Anderson - 11-08-2012 09:04 AM

The Lincolns could sing "Bad Moon Rising."