Lincoln Discussion Symposium
The Courtship of Mr. Lincoln by Ruth Painter Randall - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Books - over 15,000 to discuss (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: The Courtship of Mr. Lincoln by Ruth Painter Randall (/thread-2859.html)

The Courtship of Mr. Lincoln by Ruth Painter Randall - Susan Higginbotham - 02-11-2016 01:38 PM

This book, published in 1957, details the courtship of Abraham Lincoln and Mary Todd. with some sidelights on some of their friends and acquaintances, such as Joshua Speed, Merce Levering, and Matilda Edwards. Some of its conclusions as to the cause of the couple's breakup and their reconciliation have recently been challenged, but I'd still recommend it to anyone interested in the Lincolns as a couple and especially to anyone who enjoyed Randall's Mary Lincoln: Biography of a Marriage (written before this book was published). For what it's worth, I got it from the library and liked it well enough to buy a copy for myself.

RE: The Courtship of Mr. Lincoln by Ruth Painter Randall - ReignetteC - 02-11-2016 03:39 PM

I found my copy on eBay.

RE: The Courtship of Mr. Lincoln by Ruth Painter Randall - LincolnMan - 02-12-2016 07:35 AM

The book is available on Amazon for ten dollars or so (hardcover).