Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Who planned the Abraham Lincoln funerals - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Assassination (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Who planned the Abraham Lincoln funerals (/thread-2810.html)

Who planned the Abraham Lincoln funerals - historybuff22 - 01-08-2016 02:33 PM

Came across an great article about a little-known niche of the Lincoln funerals. Access it at: Lincoln Funerals

Rick Brown
HistoryReference.org
A Nonprofit Organization

"I don't mind having to press the number one button for English, but at least doing so would connect me with a customer service represenative that speaks English!"

RE: Who planned the Abraham Lincoln funerals - RJNorton - 01-08-2016 02:55 PM

Thanks for posting this link, Rick. Very interesting!

In The Farewell to Lincoln author Victor Searcher mentions Harrington and writes:

"Harrington arranged a section for the press in the East Room, an arrangement much appreciated by the historians of that moment. They were seated in fifteen chairs, draped in black, across a recess formed by closing the two main entrance doors from the hallway. This position offered excellent vantage from which the scene could be reported."

RE: Who planned the Abraham Lincoln funerals - Joe Di Cola - 01-08-2016 03:02 PM

Victor Searcher's "The Farewell to Lincoln" is an often-overlooked gem in the assassination literature. It was published in 1965---AND only cost $5.95 for a 320-page, hardcover book! If you haven't read it, give it a go.

RE: Who planned the Abraham Lincoln funerals - Donna McCreary - 05-22-2018 11:21 AM

(01-08-2016 02:55 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Thanks for posting this link, Rick. Very interesting!

In The Farewell to Lincoln author Victor Searcher mentions Harrington and writes:

"Harrington arranged a section for the press in the East Room, an arrangement much appreciated by the historians of that moment. They were seated in fifteen chairs, draped in black, across a recess formed by closing the two main entrance doors from the hallway. This position offered excellent vantage from which the scene could be reported."

Roger, can you provide a page number for this quote? I would greatly appreciate the information.

RE: Who planned the Abraham Lincoln funerals - RJNorton - 05-22-2018 12:24 PM

(05-22-2018 11:21 AM)Donna McCreary Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 02:55 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Thanks for posting this link, Rick. Very interesting!

Roger, can you provide a page number for this quote? I would greatly appreciate the information.

Yes. It's from page 68 in Victor Searcher's The Farewell to Lincoln.