Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Sugarcoating the assassination - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Sugarcoating the assassination (/thread-269.html)

Sugarcoating the assassination - Rsmyth - 08-25-2012 10:48 AM

The Pike County Historical Society (Home of the LIncoln Flag) had a bake competition. There were the usual entries including Mary Todd Lincolns favorite white cake. One enterprising person baked a cake representing the "Lincoln Flag" complete with blood stains.
[Image: img9093l.jpg]

RE: Sugarcoating the assassination - BettyO - 08-25-2012 11:19 AM

(08-25-2012 10:48 AM)Rsmyth Wrote:  The Pike County Historical Society (Home of the LIncoln Flag) had a bake competition. There were the usual entries including Mary Todd Lincolns favorite white cake. One enterprising person baked a cake representing the "Lincoln Flag" complete with blood stains.

Yuk!! I doubt I'd want to eat a bloodstained cake! That would certainly ruin my appetite - even though I DO like my meat rare! HA!

RE: Sugarcoating the assassination - MaddieM - 08-25-2012 11:36 AM

(08-25-2012 11:19 AM)BettyO Wrote:  
(08-25-2012 10:48 AM)Rsmyth Wrote:  The Pike County Historical Society (Home of the LIncoln Flag) had a bake competition. There were the usual entries including Mary Todd Lincolns favorite white cake. One enterprising person baked a cake representing the "Lincoln Flag" complete with blood stains.

Yuk!! I doubt I'd want to eat a bloodstained cake! That would certainly ruin my appetite - even though I DO like my meat rare! HA!

haha... I thought this thread was about some hot debate! Cake. I love it.

RE: Sugarcoating the assassination - L Verge - 08-25-2012 12:01 PM

I thought the same thing, Maddie; and as a Lincoln assassination nut, I thought I would have to hop on my soap box!

I love the idea of a historical cake bake-off. May have to steal that idea for Surratt House. A neighboring historic house museum that dates to the mid-1700s sponsors a gingerbread house contest each year -- I would make ours a one-day event and with a tasting session after the contest.

RE: Sugarcoating the assassination - BettyO - 08-25-2012 12:06 PM

I'd come up for that, Laurie!