Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Lighten up and be less critical of others on this forum! - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Lighten up and be less critical of others on this forum! (/thread-2517.html)

Lighten up and be less critical of others on this forum! - HerbS - 06-20-2015 05:38 PM

I think it is very sad when people don't post on this forum,when thier opinions are"pop-shot"at! Come on people,we are all adults and very Knowledgeable in our areas of expertise,let's be respecful towards each other!Please play nicely folks!

RE: Lighten up and be less critical of others on this forum! - Gene C - 06-20-2015 06:43 PM

I'll second that!

Herb, hope you don't mind, but this reminds me of a song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FOUqQt3Kg0

RE: Lighten up and be less critical of others on this forum! - L Verge - 06-20-2015 07:17 PM

And I would urge that participants from "both sides of the aisle" adhere to that request. Until you have walked in our ancestors' shoes on both sides of the divide, don't be so quick to make judgment calls, please.

RE: Lighten up and be less critical of others on this forum! - J. Beckert - 06-20-2015 07:44 PM

I concur Laurie and thank you. The 21st. Century glasses some folks like to wear don't do history much justice when those who refuse to take them off attempt to pass judgement on folks who lived in a different time with different mores. If this thread was generated by the comments that John Surratt was "vile", I'd suggest reading " War Crimes Against Southern Civilians". You'll read enough "vile" there in the first few pages to make what Surratt supposedly did look pale in comparison.

RE: Lighten up and be less critical of others on this forum! - Jim Page - 06-20-2015 07:49 PM

I may have missed something here, which is par for me, but if I posted anything that seemed critical of anyone, that was certainly not my intent and I apologize.

Unless, of course, you're a Yankee . . . Just kidding!!!

--Jim

RE: Lighten up and be less critical of others on this forum! - Rick Smith - 06-20-2015 08:01 PM

(06-20-2015 07:49 PM)Jim Page Wrote:  I may have missed something here, which is par for me, but if I posted anything that seemed critical of anyone, that was certainly not my intent and I apologize.

--Jim

Jim,

I am sure you said nothing critical. We met a few years ago in Laurie's office and you seemed to be a real gentleman.

Very well said Laurie & Joe.

Deo Vindici,

Rick

RE: Lighten up and be less critical of others on this forum! - Jim Page - 06-20-2015 08:30 PM

(06-20-2015 08:01 PM)Rick Smith Wrote:  
(06-20-2015 07:49 PM)Jim Page Wrote:  I may have missed something here, which is par for me, but if I posted anything that seemed critical of anyone, that was certainly not my intent and I apologize.

--Jim

Jim,

I am sure you said nothing critical. We met a few years ago in Laurie's office and you seemed to be a real gentleman.

Deo Vindici,

Rick

That was a real pleasure to meet you, and Betty, Rick! I just wish we all could have spent more time together. May I also return the compliment!

If I seemed like a gentleman, it's because I know the ghost of my Tennessee mom would materialize and swat my heinie if I acted otherwise!!! Or Laurie would. Southern Ladies are kinda that way.

--Jim

RE: Lighten up and be less critical of others on this forum! - L Verge - 06-21-2015 09:59 AM

(06-20-2015 08:30 PM)Jim Page Wrote:  

--Jim

Jim,

Deo Vindici,

Rick

That was a real pleasure to meet you, and Betty, Rick! I just wish we all could have spent more time together. May I also return the compliment!

If I seemed like a gentleman, it's because I know the ghost of my Tennessee mom would materialize and swat my heinie if I acted otherwise!!! Or Laurie would. Southern Ladies are kinda that way.

--Jim

I love 'ya Jim Page!

RE: Lighten up and be less critical of others on this forum! - Jim Page - 06-21-2015 11:13 AM

(06-21-2015 09:59 AM)L Verge Wrote:  
(06-20-2015 08:30 PM)Jim Page Wrote:  

--Jim

Jim,

Deo Vindici,

Rick

--Jim

I love 'ya Jim Page!

The feeling is mutual!

RE: Lighten up and be less critical of others on this forum! - LincolnMan - 06-21-2015 01:35 PM

Agree totally. As Laurie has mentioned previuosly- we are not here to fight the Civil War again!

RE: Lighten up and be less critical of others on this forum! - BettyO - 06-21-2015 02:52 PM

Agreed, indeed!

RE: Lighten up and be less critical of others on this forum! - HerbS - 06-21-2015 06:52 PM

Amen-let's put this issue to bed!