Lincoln Discussion Symposium
I'm Graduating High School! - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: I'm Graduating High School! (/thread-2479.html)

Pages: 1 2

I'm Graduating High School! - Thomas Kearney - 05-27-2015 03:01 PM

In a week and a half, I will toss my cap and head out into the unknown. I plan on taking a gap year, where I hope to interpret the Lincoln Assassination story at either Ford's Theater or the Surratt House and then go to either SUNY Oneonta or U of I Springfield, where I want to major in communications!

RE: I'm Graduating High School! - L Verge - 05-27-2015 03:24 PM

Congratulations and best wishes.

RE: I'm Graduating High School! - HerbS - 05-27-2015 03:25 PM

Congratulations Thomas,whatever choice you make will be excellent!

RE: I'm Graduating High School! - RJNorton - 05-27-2015 03:53 PM

Thomas, like Laurie and Herb, I wish you all the best!

RE: I'm Graduating High School! - LincolnMan - 05-27-2015 04:35 PM

Same here!

RE: I'm Graduating High School! - Gene C - 05-27-2015 05:42 PM

The tough part of communications is listening (and paying attention). Master that, and you will do well

Remember: Thomas Kearney, Professional Photobomber. Vote Thomas Kearney for President 2016. #TK16
(Run against Hillary and your odds may improve.)

RE: I'm Graduating High School! - Eva Elisabeth - 05-27-2015 06:10 PM

Best of success to you, Thomas!

RE: I'm Graduating High School! - Susan Higginbotham - 05-27-2015 10:08 PM

Congratulations!

RE: I'm Graduating High School! - HerbS - 05-28-2015 07:32 AM

We have a highschool here in Rochester,NY named Kearney[very good school I might add]! Is that a good omen or what?You are a rare student of Lincoln!

RE: I'm Graduating High School! - Thomas Kearney - 05-28-2015 09:58 AM

(05-27-2015 05:42 PM)Gene C Wrote:  The tough part of communications is listening (and paying attention). Master that, and you will do well

Remember: Thomas Kearney, Professional Photobomber. Vote Thomas Kearney for President 2016. #TK16
(Run against Hillary and your odds may improve.)

I figured a communications degree would be good for a guy who wants to be a criminal defense attorney.

(05-27-2015 03:53 PM)RJNorton Wrote:  Thomas, like Laurie and Herb, I wish you all the best!

Thanks Roger!

(05-28-2015 07:32 AM)HerbS Wrote:  We have a highschool here in Rochester,NY named Kearney[very good school I might add]! Is that a good omen or what?You are a rare student of Lincoln!

It was probably not named after meBig Grin. When Mike Kauffman was signing my copy of "In The Footsteps Of An Assassin" at The Lincoln Tribute, I told him my surname was spelled like the small town in Nebraska.

(05-27-2015 03:24 PM)L Verge Wrote:  Congratulations and best wishes.

Thanks, Laurie. Once I get my learners permit, I could apply to spill my knowledge on tours at Surrattsville (#onlymanstanding). I was that wiz kid on the 9/13 Booth Escape Route Tour you talked to.

(05-27-2015 06:10 PM)Eva Elisabeth Wrote:  Best of success to you, Thomas!

Thanks, Eva!

(05-27-2015 10:08 PM)Susan Higginbotham Wrote:  Congratulations!

Thanks, Susan!

RE: I'm Graduating High School! - HerbS - 05-28-2015 01:06 PM

The High School was named after a Bishop[BK],and he was terrific!

RE: I'm Graduating High School! - GARY POPOLO - 05-28-2015 03:53 PM

(05-27-2015 03:01 PM)Thomas Kearney Wrote:  In a week and a half, I will toss my cap and head out into the unknown. I plan on taking a gap year, where I hope to interpret the Lincoln Assassination story at either Ford's Theater or the Surratt House and then go to either SUNY Oneonta or U of I Springfield, where I want to major in communications!

Congratulations Thomas, Wishing you all the best. I am sure you will do well in your chosen field. God Speed

RE: I'm Graduating High School! - Thomas Kearney - 05-28-2015 05:58 PM

(05-28-2015 03:53 PM)GARY POPOLO Wrote:  
(05-27-2015 03:01 PM)Thomas Kearney Wrote:  In a week and a half, I will toss my cap and head out into the unknown. I plan on taking a gap year, where I hope to interpret the Lincoln Assassination story at either Ford's Theater or the Surratt House and then go to either SUNY Oneonta or U of I Springfield, where I want to major in communications!

Congratulations Thomas, Wishing you all the best. I am sure you will do well in your chosen field. God Speed

Thanks, Gary. I also hope to work on my latest project, writing a screenplay about events that happened at Ford's Theater. I was inspired to do this after watching the 2006 film "Bobby". I will put a sneak peek of my project up on the forum when I am good and ready. I may PM some people if I need help.

RE: I'm Graduating High School! - ReignetteC - 05-28-2015 07:45 PM

Congratulations, Thomas.

This may date me, but what is a "professional photobomber?"

RE: I'm Graduating High School! - GARY POPOLO - 05-29-2015 08:26 AM

(05-28-2015 05:58 PM)Thomas Kearney Wrote:  
(05-28-2015 03:53 PM)GARY POPOLO Wrote:  

Thanks, Gary. I also hope to work on my latest project, writing a screenplay about events that happened at Ford's Theater. I was inspired to do this after watching the 2006 film "Bobby". I will put a sneak peek of my project up on the forum when I am good and ready. I may PM some people if I need help.
Thomas, I look forward to seeing your work on Ford's Theater. I am sure it will be outstanding. I would say good luck to you but don't think you will need it. Your talent will be all you need.