Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Lincon's Secret Spy - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Books - over 15,000 to discuss (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Lincon's Secret Spy (/thread-2331.html)

Lincon's Secret Spy - Jane Singer - 04-01-2015 10:27 AM

Lincoln's Secret Spy: The Civil War Case That Changed The Future of Espionage is available in bookstores all over the country and Amazon, of course. If any of you plan to read it I would love to have your comments. And a legal question for any lawyers on this forum: If a Supreme Court precedent is based on a fraud, can said precedent be overturned or invalidated?

RE: Lincon's Secret Spy - L Verge - 04-01-2015 01:28 PM

(04-01-2015 10:27 AM)Jane Singer Wrote:  Lincoln's Secret Spy: The Civil War Case That Changed The Future of Espionage is available in bookstores all over the country and Amazon, of course. If any of you plan to read it I would love to have your comments. And a legal question for any lawyers on this forum: If a Supreme Court precedent is based on a fraud, can said precedent be overturned or invalidated?

I have only had the chance to flip through Jane's book, but it certainly appears to be a keeper - and definitely something new and different in our field of interest.

James Swanson is our Constitutional lawyer and licensed to speak before the Supreme Court. I am going to throw that question about precedent to him.

RE: Lincon's Secret Spy - Jane Singer - 04-02-2015 10:19 AM

(04-01-2015 01:28 PM)L Verge Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 10:27 AM)Jane Singer Wrote:  Lincoln's Secret Spy: The Civil War Case That Changed The Future of Espionage is available in bookstores all over the country and Amazon, of course. If any of you plan to read it I would love to have your comments. And a legal question for any lawyers on this forum: If a Supreme Court precedent is based on a fraud, can said precedent be overturned or invalidated?

I have only had the chance to flip through Jane's book, but it certainly appears to be a keeper - and definitely something new and different in our field of interest.

James Swanson is our Constitutional lawyer and licensed to speak before the Supreme Court. I am going to throw that question about precedent to him.

(04-02-2015 10:19 AM)Jane Singer Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 01:28 PM)L Verge Wrote:  

Thank you, Laurie. I'm so interested to hear what Mr. Swanson thinks.