Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Lincoln Assassination VIDEO - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Assassination (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Lincoln Assassination VIDEO (/thread-2316.html)

Lincoln Assassination VIDEO - Donna McCreary - 03-28-2015 11:43 AM

I've never tried to post a video before. Hope this works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EZCE2ZvwLT4

RE: Lincoln Assassination VIDEO - Gene C - 03-28-2015 12:11 PM

Thanks for posting.

The music, kind of haunting. Nice effect in black and white images turning into color.
Whoever did this, it is very professionally done.

RE: Lincoln Assassination VIDEO - RJNorton - 03-28-2015 03:19 PM

I second what Gene said. Thanks for posting, Donna.

RE: Lincoln Assassination VIDEO - Jim Garrett - 03-28-2015 05:38 PM

Very nice and smooth moving. Two small things, the image of the death room is reversed and Edman Spangler was not sentenced to life.

RE: Lincoln Assassination VIDEO - RobertLC - 03-28-2015 06:19 PM

I agree with others...very nicely done. A couple of mistakes, but still pretty well done.

I agree that the music is haunting. Certainly appropriate for the topic.

RE: Lincoln Assassination VIDEO - BettyO - 03-28-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:Very nice and smooth moving. Two small things, the image of the death room is reversed and Edman Spangler was not sentenced to life.

Agreed....plus, we now know that the photo of Clara Harris is NOT the real Clara Harris.....

RE: Lincoln Assassination VIDEO - L Verge - 03-28-2015 10:12 PM

Actually, Betty, that might be the correct one - found by Hallam Webber a while back. Thanks, Jim, for spelling Spangler's first name correctly.

RE: Lincoln Assassination VIDEO - RJNorton - 03-29-2015 05:26 AM

Here are the two Clara Harrises. The correct Clara is on the left, and the misidentified Clara is on the right.

RE: Lincoln Assassination VIDEO - Donna McCreary - 03-30-2015 01:50 PM

One of the photos taken at the gallows was new to me. I did not notice the faces of the convicted were so clear until the photo came to life in color.

RE: Lincoln Assassination VIDEO - L Verge - 03-30-2015 04:13 PM

Much of that ground-breaking work on photo enhancements related to the assassination came to us courtesy of Barry Cauchon and John Elliott about five years ago. Their young ages came to me at once, and there is one photo of Mary Surratt where you can see her facial outline through the veil. Haunting.

RE: Lincoln Assassination VIDEO - Donna McCreary - 03-30-2015 09:39 PM

I agree Laurie -- I find everything about this is haunting -- the music, the black/white photos turning into color photos, the reality of the situation. Thanks for mentioning the outline of Mary Surratt's face. I had not noticed it before. This video was compiled by Blaikie Hines. He specializes in 19th century art/photography (?) and lives in Maine. His video was sent to me by a member of the Association of Lincoln Presenters.