Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Booth Gets What's Coming to Him in This Novel - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Books - over 15,000 to discuss (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Booth Gets What's Coming to Him in This Novel (/thread-1644.html)

Booth Gets What's Coming to Him in This Novel - DianaRubino - 04-25-2014 12:07 PM

Dear All,
I'm a huge Lincoln buff from way back, and about 10 years ago, I began researching what became my paranormal (ghost) novel centered around Booth's insane plot, A NECESSARY END. I had a blast writing this, and joined the Surratt Society, through which I met many fascinating, learned historians. I attended 2 conferences which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Not every Lincoln buff is into the paranormal, so my book isn't for everybody. But since I'm fascinated with ghosts, I thought a paranormal tie-in would make it more interesting to write about. Here's the Amazon link if you'd like to take a look. Also please visit my new author page on Facebook, Diana Rubino Author. Thanks, and happy reading!
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/A-Necessary-End-Diana-Rubino/dp/1625260431/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398450413&sr=8-2&keywords=diana+rubino

RE: Booth Gets What's Coming to Him in This Novel - Wild Bill - 04-25-2014 02:44 PM

Having read the old version, I can whole-heartedly recommend "A Necessary End" as a piece of fiction with the fine writing and plot twists that Dianna is famous for.

RE: Booth Gets What's Coming to Him in This Novel - brtmchl - 04-25-2014 03:45 PM

Sounds like a fun read.

RE: Booth Gets What's Coming to Him in This Novel - L Verge - 04-25-2014 06:02 PM

I must admit to only skimming the book several years ago, Diana, when you sent me a copy. Diana does a good job with romantic novels, but I would caution that some parts are definitely for young adults or older. I say that only because of possible users of this forum being middle school age or younger. I gave up cautioning 15-year-olds and up a long time ago...

RE: Booth Gets What's Coming to Him in This Novel - LincolnToddFan - 04-25-2014 11:40 PM

Hi Diana,

I've put your new book into my Wish List basket over on Amazon and I'll be reading it soon. It sounds very interesting, can't wait!

RE: Booth Gets What's Coming to Him in This Novel - DianaRubino - 04-28-2014 06:33 PM

Thanks for posting the warning, Laurie.

I must admit to only skimming the book several years ago, Diana, when you sent me a copy. Diana does a good job with romantic novels, but I would caution that some parts are definitely for young adults or older. I say that only because of possible users of this forum being middle school age or younger. I gave up cautioning 15-year-olds and up a long time ago...
[/quote]

Thank you!

Having read the old version, I can whole-heartedly recommend "A Necessary End" as a piece of fiction with the fine writing and plot twists that Diana is famous for.
[/quote]

RE: Booth Gets What's Coming to Him in This Novel - LincolnMan - 05-23-2014 09:24 AM

The title of this thread reminded me of a quote in Clint Eastwood's classic movie Unforgiven. His character commented to the young would-be killer: "We all got it coming, kid."

RE: Booth Gets What's Coming to Him in This Novel - Diana Rubino - 07-01-2014 05:33 PM

Hi Diana,

I've put your new book into my Wish List basket over on Amazon and I'll be reading it soon. It sounds very interesting, can't wait!
[/quote]

THANKS! Hope you enjoy it!