Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Well, here I go again. - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Books - over 15,000 to discuss (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Well, here I go again. (/thread-136.html)

Well, here I go again. - Rob Wick - 07-29-2012 01:20 PM

For the past few days I've been reading a fascinating story in the Ida Tarbell papers which I've decided needs to be shared. Tarbell had a bitter fight with several different publishing companies over the rights to her Life of Lincoln. It took about 4 years to get through and resulted in her changing publishers at least three times. This is a story that I think must be brought to a larger audience, so when I can find a spare moment, I am going to write this up and submit it to the Journal of the Abraham Lincoln Association. Add one more thing to the pile....Undecided

Best
Rob

RE: Well, here I go again. - Rob Wick - 08-04-2012 09:30 AM

Today the writing starts. I've decided to call the article "This Tiresome Business: Ida M. Tarbell's Fight for the Rights to Her Life of Lincoln." I may be going underground for a few days, but I'll try to check in as much as I can. Forward write! Smile

Best
Rob

RE: Well, here I go again. - Joe Di Cola - 08-04-2012 09:34 AM

All the best, Rob; I will be interested in reading the final product when it appears.

RE: Well, here I go again. - Rob Wick - 08-04-2012 09:49 AM

Thanks Joe.

Best
Rob

RE: Well, here I go again. - HerbS - 08-04-2012 01:05 PM

Rob,You have a "Gift"go with it!

RE: Well, here I go again. - Rob Wick - 08-04-2012 01:32 PM

Thanks, Herb. That means a lot.

Best
Rob

RE: Well, here I go again. - Rob Wick - 08-04-2012 06:26 PM

Well, completed about a 1,000 words today. I've got to stop now, as my brain is too tired to function.

Best
Rob

RE: Well, here I go again. - LincolnMan - 08-04-2012 06:42 PM

Great job. Relax!