Lincoln Discussion Symposium
Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - Printable Version

+- Lincoln Discussion Symposium (https://rogerjnorton.com/LincolnDiscussionSymposium)
+-- Forum: Lincoln Discussion Symposium (/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Assassination (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... (/thread-128.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - BettyO - 07-26-2012 07:27 PM

Want to know why JWB looks so old?!

He's playing 30 roles in this one man show, that's why!

This play seem like a hoot!

[Image: bangthecurseofjwb.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's the URL: http://eastvillage.thelocal.nytimes.com/2012/07/20/the-fringiest-of-the-fringe-fest/#more-37145

BANG! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth: “Features one actor playing 30 roles in this twisted shocker performed in verse, song, magic, sideshow antics and stand-up comedy. You’ll be astonished at how your American History books lied to you about Booth in this theatrical extravaganza that was banned from performance in Booth’s hometown of Baltimore! Plus, there’s a mummy involved! Was Booth really captured and killed by Federal troops in a burning barn in 1865, or did he escape, aided by a secret society, and live under various aliases until he committed suicide in Enid, Oklahoma Territory, in 1903? Prepare to be amazed!”

Laurie -- We need this guy as entertainment for a future banquet or conference! HA!

RE: Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - RJNorton - 07-27-2012 05:37 AM

Betty, I still want to know if he was hanged after he was dead. Looks like this play may not answer that question.

RE: Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - BettyO - 07-27-2012 06:37 AM

(07-27-2012 05:37 AM)RJNorton Wrote:  Betty, I still want to know if he was hanged after he was dead. Looks like this play may not answer that question.

Judging from this guy's photograph....maybe they did - that's one ROUGH looking JWB! My vote is for the Bobble head being the best looking!

RE: Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - LincolnMan - 07-27-2012 04:05 PM

What a hoot for sure. Just another example of how the assassination saga continues to fascinate us all. Where is the vampire slayer when we need him? Smile

RE: Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - LincolnMan - 10-07-2012 07:30 AM

I had to chuckle the other night watching Abraham Lincoln VS Zombies-near the end of the movie Booth is at Surratt house and given a handwritten note via messenger from Lincoln which informs Booth that he (Lincoln) has been infected by the disease that will turn him into a zombie. So to avoid that certain fate, Lincoln informs Booth in the message that he will be attending Ford's the night of April 14th. It's an invitation really for Booth to shoot Lincoln. In the movie, Booth then spins around (he is standing on a porch) and shouts towards the open door of Surratt House: "Hey, Lew-George- I've got great news!" Gotta love it.

RE: Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - BettyO - 10-07-2012 07:59 AM

That's a real hoot! "Hey, ya'll!! We've been invited to a zombie-fest!!!" Big Grin

RE: Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - RJNorton - 10-07-2012 09:07 AM

It's amazing that Lincoln could even make it to the theater when he was infected by the disease that will turn him into a zombie, and also suffering from chronic constipation, a wart on his right cheek, Marfan's Disease, and Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2b.

RE: Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - BettyO - 10-07-2012 09:09 AM

And Lew Powell was already afflicted with constipation and insanity! HA!
George Atzerodt was an alcoholic coward, Davey was simple-minded and childish while JWB was an alcoholic madman inflicted with encephalitis.....

Man - they ALL had their problems!! Big Grin

RE: Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - RJNorton - 10-07-2012 09:11 AM

Don't forget Mary Surratt's "eyesight issues!"

RE: Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - L Verge - 10-07-2012 10:02 AM

I prescribe massive doses of Blue Mass to them all. That should do the trick.

RE: Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - LincolnMan - 10-07-2012 10:51 AM

You guys are so funny-I knew you'd laugh over that one!

RE: Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - Jim Garrett - 10-07-2012 02:45 PM

A combination of Blue Mass with a luadenum chaser.

RE: Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - LincolnMan - 10-07-2012 03:11 PM

That Blue Mass would definitely need a chaser-yuck!

RE: Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - Jim Garrett - 10-07-2012 03:18 PM

The Laudenum would certainly help in forgetting the Blue Mass

RE: Bang! The Curse of John Wilkes Booth.... - L Verge - 10-07-2012 06:47 PM

Speaking of "medicines," we know that Mrs. Surratt was given wine of valerian before her execution - no doubt a sedative. Oddly enough, I was reading something online today about foods to have several hours before going to bed to insure a good night's sleep. One of the things they recommended was valerian tea! I had no idea that this root concoction was still in existence.